A Bag of Marbles
| 16 votes and 5 reviews Write a Review
Paris, 1942. The Germans have occupied the city and are forcing Jews to wear a yellow star. Realizing things are only going to get worse, Jewish barber Roman Joffo prepares to escape with his family to Nice, in the free zone. In order to maximize the plan’s success, he and his wife Anna will travel alone, while his 10-year-old son Joseph will cross the country with his brother Maurice, 12.
Thanks to help from a smuggler, the two boys make it past the border guards and find themselves in the free zone. Traveling on foot, they finally arrive in Nice, where as planned, they’re reunited with their parents. On the Côte d'Azur, they enjoy a peaceful summer until the Germans invade in September 1943. Roman sends Joseph and Maurice to a Catholic youth camp, where they’ll be able to hide.
- Release Date: June 16, 2017 (limited)
- Genre: Drama
- Cast: Dorian Le Clech, Batyste Fleurial Palmieri, Patrick Bruel, Elsa Zylberstein, Bernard Campan
- Director: Christian Duguay
- Producer: Laurent Zeitoun, Nicolas Duval-Adassovsky, Yann Zenou
- Screenplay: Benoît Guichard, Christian Duguay, Laurent Zeitoun
- Studio: Les Films Séville