Caravaggio - The Soul and the Blood
| 6 votes and 2 reviews Write a Review
A journey through life, works and struggles of Michelangelo Merisi from Caravaggio. His existence, no less than his art, is characterized by lights and shadows, contrasts and contradictions, genius and sobriety. Revolutionary artist, he was often not so beloved by contemporaries.
He travelled Italy in search of luck or perhaps in search of himself, escaping the enemies that he always found at his passage. Milan, Venice, Rome, Naples, Malta, Sicily. His death seems a twist of faith: he died in Porto Ercole, one step away from Rome, one step away from salvation.
- Release Date: May 2, 2018
- Genre: Documentary
- Cast: Manuel Agnelli, Marigliano Emanuele
- Director: Jesus Garces Lambert
- Producer: Aline Bardella, Cosetta Lagani, Francesco Invernizzi
- Screenplay: Laura Allievi
- Studio: Nexo Digital
Now playing at: