Drive My Car
Yusuke Kafuku (Hidetoshi Nishijima) is a successful stage actor and director who is married to Oto (Reika Kirishima), a beautiful playwright with many secrets. The two share a beautiful life, a painful past, and a fruitful artistic collaboration.
When Oto suddenly dies, Kafuku is left with many unanswered questions about their relationship and regret over his inability to truly understand her. Two years later, still struggling to cope with his loss, he accepts an offer to direct a play at a prestigious festival. He drives to Hiroshima in his immaculate, flaming red Saab 900. At his destination, he reluctantly has to comply with the strict festival rules, that include allowing Misaki Watari (Toko Miura), a skilled chauffeur, drive his car.
Adapted from the short story of the same name by Haruki Murakami.
- Release Date: November 26, 2021 (limited)
- Genre: Drama
- Cast: Hidetoshi Nishijima, Toko Miura, Reika Kirishima, Yoo-rim Park, Dae-Young Jin, Sonia Yuan, Satoko Abe, Masaki Okada, Perry Dizon, Ann Fite
- Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
- Producer: Jin Suzuki, Keiji Okumura, Misaki Kawamura, Sachio Matsushita, Teruhisa Yamamoto, Tsuyoshi Gorô, Yoshito Nakabe
- Screenplay: Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Haruki Murakami, Takamasa Oe
- Studio: filmswelike