Long Time Running
| 20 votes and 4 reviews Write a Review
Following lead singer Gord Downie's announcement that he was battling incurable brain cancer, iconic Canadian band The Tragically Hip went on a now-legendary 2016 tour that captured the heart of Canadians.
The film goes backstage to give a unique and exclusive perspective into The Tragically Hip’s world, as they admit that they had doubts Gord would be in good enough health to be able to perform so many concerts. We get glimpses behind-the-scenes and on-stage footage, personal interviews with the band and close friends, as well as discussions with and reactions from their die-hard fans across the country.
Canadian Connection: Filmed in Canada. The directors, crew and The Tragically Hip are Canadian.
- Release Date: September 14, 2017
- Genre: Documentary
- Director: Jennifer Baichwal, Nicholas de Pencier
- Producer: Rachel McLean, Scot McFadyen
- Screenplay: Jennifer Baichwal, Nicholas de Pencier
- Studio: Elevation Pictures