| 258 votes and 49 reviews Write a Review
When great numbers of monsters, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, that are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju.
With only four Jaegers left and on the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroesa washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and a new, untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi). Together, they are mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
- Release Date: July 12, 2013
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
- Cast: Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Rob Kazinsky, Max Martini, Ron Perlman, Heather Doerksen
- Director: Guillermo del Toro
- Producer: Guillermo del Toro, Jon Jashni, Mary Parent, Thomas Tull
- Screenplay: Travis Beacham, Guillermo del Toro
- Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures