The Hurt Locker
| 162 votes and 56 reviews Write a Review
Find a bomb, defuse it. Find a bomb, defuse it. The job is simple enough, but the room for error is zero. Fail to defuse it, and die. This is the daily work of the United States Army's Bravo Company. They patrol Baghdad during one of the Iraq war's most hellish times, trying each day not to get blown up.
James (Jeremy Renner) joins a tightly knit bomb-disposal unit where Sanborn (Anthony Mackie) is already the intelligence expert. James, by contrast, is a real cowboy. Even in the hulking shell of his bomb suit, his swagger is obvious. He has successfully disabled 873 devices, approaching the job with the no-nonsense grit of a Bigelow heroand the recklessness too.
But as the unit faces tougher challenges with each new bomb, the men start to fight James's bullish methods. They have only thirty-eight days left in their rotation. They want to live to see day thirty-nine.
- Release Date: July 10, 2009 (limited)
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Thriller
- Cast: Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, Brian Geraghty, Ralph Fiennes, David Morse, Evangeline Lilly, Guy Pearce
- Director: Kathryn Bigelow
- Producer: Greg Shapiro, Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Nicolas Chartier
- Screenplay: Mark Boal
- Studio: Maple Pictures