The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
| 102060 votes and 1213 reviews Write a Review
Hobbit Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood) discovers that a ring bequeathed to him by beloved relative and benefactor Bilbo (Ian Holm) is in fact the "One Ring," which allows its master to manipulate dark powers and enslave the world.
Dark Lord Sauron, who forged the ring in order to conquer the lands of Middle-earth, sends his chief servants to capture the Ring and kill whoever carries it.
Wizard Gandalf the Grey (Ian McKellen) sends Frodo away from his home with the Ring, along with Samwise Gamgee (Sean Astin), and along with their friends and fellow Hobbits Merry (Dominic Monaghan) and Pippin (Billy Boyd), they set off on a quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy the ring.
- Release Date: December 19, 2001
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama
- Cast: Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Astin, Ian McKellen, Ian Holm, Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom, Liv Tyler, Christopher Lee, Cate Blanchett, Sean Bean, John Rhys-Davies, Andy Serkis, Bernard Hill, Brad Dourif, Hugo Weaving, Miranda Otto, Marton Csokas, Karl Urban, John Noble, David Wenham
- Director: Peter Jackson
- Producer: Barrie M. Osborne, Peter Jackson, Tim Sanders
- Screenplay: Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens
- Studio: New Line Cinema