The Metropolitan Opera: Cendrillon
| 0 votes and 0 reviews Write a Review
“Glorious,” raved the New York Times when Joyce DiDonato sang the title role of Cendrillon at the Royal Opera in 2011. “Her performance was thoroughly enchanting.” Now, for the first time ever, Massenet’s sumptuous take on the Cinderella story comes to the Met, with DiDonato starring in the title role.
She is paired with mezzo-soprano Alice Coote in the trouser role of Prince Charming, Kathleen Kim as the Fairy Godmother, and Stephanie Blythe as the imperious Madame de la Haltière. Bertrand de Billy conducts Laurent Pelly’s imaginative storybook production.
- Release Date: April 28, 2018 (limited)
- Genre: Musical, Other
- Cast: Joyce DiDonato, Alice Coote, Stephanie Blythe, Kathleen Kim, Laurent Naouri
- Director: Bertrand de Billy
- Producer: Laurent Pelly
- Screenplay: Jules Massenet
- Studio: The Metropolitan Opera