The Peanut Butter Falcon
| 128 votes and 38 reviews Write a Review
Zak (Zack Gottsgagen), a young man with Down syndrome, runs away from a residential nursing home with the help of his crochety roommate (Bruce Dern), to follow his dream of attending a professional wrestling school run by his idol, Clint (Thomas Hayden Church), a.k.a. The Salt Water Redneck. Eleanor (Dakota Johnson), the volunteer who was in charge of Zak, goes after him to bring him back.
However, Zak meets up with a drifter named Tyler (Shia Labeouf) and convinces him to let him tag along, and soon, the two become friends. Tyler, who just lost his brother, decides to help Zak, and teaches him essentials such as how to swim and shoot. He also promises to drop Zak off at The Salt Water Redneck's wrestling school. The two build a raft and set off on their way.
- Release Date: August 23, 2019 (limited)
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama
- Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Dakota Johnson, John Hawkes, Zack Gottsagen, Thomas Haden Church, Bruce Dern, Jon Bernthal, Jake Roberts
- Director: Kitao Sakurai, Tyler Nilson
- Producer: Albert Berger, Christopher Lemole, David Thies, Lije Sarki, Ron Yerxa, Tim Zajaros
- Screenplay: Tyler NIlson, Mike Schwartz
- Studio: levelFILM