A neurotic middle-aged man named Wilson (Woody Harrelson) is completely uninspired, and wonders about his purpose in life. He has a bad relationship with his ex-wife Pippi (Laura Dern) and is trying to move on, but is very lonely.
To his surprise, Wilson gets news that his wife put their child up for adoption 17 years ago. Invigorated with the excitement of being a father, he reunites with his estranged ex and sets out to meet his teenage daughter Claire (Isabella Amara) for the very first time.
Based Daniel Clowes' graphic novel of the same name.
- Release Date: March 24, 2017 (limited)
- Genre: Comedy
- Cast: Woody Harrelson, Judy Greer, Laura Dern, Isabella Amara, Margo Martindale, Cheryl Hines
- Director: Craig Johnson
- Producer: Alexander Payne, Jared Goldman, Jim Burke, Jim Taylor, Mary Jane Skalski
- Screenplay: Daniel Clowes
- Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures