The Girl in the Spider's Web
| 54 votes and 20 reviews Write a Review
Outcast computer hacker and vigilante defender Lisbeth Salander (Claire Foy) works to avenge women who have been or are being hurt by powerful men. She's recruited to steal and destroy an NSA program that can access the world’s nuclear codes, so that it doesn't wind up in the wrong hands. When the mission goes wrong, Lisbeth soon realizes she needs to go on the run, especially when she finds out NSA agent Edwin Needham (Lakeith Stanfield) is trying to track down the stolen program and is hot on Lisbeth's tail.
As well, Lisbeth gets a visit from a mysterious man who tries to kill her. She discovers a criminal organization is behind the hacking, led by her estranged twin sister Camilla (Sylvia Hoeks), who was left behind in the care of their sexually abusive father when Lisbeth escaped. Now, in order to get revenge, Camilla is trying to frame Lisbeth for murders committed by the criminal organization.
Based on the acclaimed Millennium book series created by Stieg Larsson.
- Release Date: November 9, 2018
- Genre: Drama, Thriller
- Cast: Claire Foy, Sverrir Gudnason, Lakeith Stanfield, Sylvia Hoeks, Stephen Merchant, Claes Bang, Christopher Convery, Vicky Krieps
- Director: Fede Alvarez
- Producer: Amy Pascal, Berna Levin, Eli Bush, Elizabeth Cantillon, Ole Søndberg, Scott Rudin, Søren Stærmose
- Screenplay: Jay Basu, Steven Knight, Fede Alvarez
- Studio: Columbia Pictures
Now playing at: